Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Pre-Game Thoughts

While I don't quite have as much of a stake in tonight's ALCS game as some, I still desperately want the Red Sox to win for no other reason than it will silence the Yankee fans who surround me in every aspect of my life.

Thinking on tonight's game, however, one wonders which team really has the 'edge'. The Yankees have an advantage in that they're at home, their closer is rested, and they're, well, the Yankees.

On the other hand, the Red Sox have the big 'mo', the pitching matchup probably slightly favors them, and, with the exception of their closer, their bullpen is ready to go.

I really can't make a prediction about tonight's game. Tom Verducci, on Mike and the Mad Dog this afternoon, gave the Red Sox a slight edge but really it's too close to call.

Regardless, there's going to be some history made this evening and I'm happy just to be able to watch.

They say football has eclipsed baseball as America's favorite sport. Pffft. Nothing, nothing, in football can ever come close in drama or excitement to what is about to happen this evening. Whoever 'they' are will never understand that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home