Monday, October 25, 2004

Deja Vu All Over Again

What a great weekend! Pats 6-0. Red Sox go up 2-0. And nothing but negative press regarding the Yankees in all the papers. My roommate showed me a couple of NY Post pages with nothing but letters from Yankee fans. The best was a short one that went something like this:

What can Brown do for you? Nothing.

There was also one from a distraught woman who whined about the Red Sox being poor role models and that she was so proud that she raised her children like the "well-groomed Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada, etc." Gag me with a spoon. She obviously has never seen Prehistoric Caveman Lawyer.

But seriously, I do have to admit feeling a little bit of trepidation towards the upcoming games. Not only because St. Louis is 6-0 at home this postseason. Not only because the Red Sox were also up 2-0 in their last world series and, back in '86, they were heading home instead. But quite possibly the only thing that could take the luster off this year's ALCS for the Sox is if they went up 3-0 in the World Series and somehow managed to lose.

Yeah, I'm crazier than Nomar, but I've seen stranger things happen to this franchise. We all have. And if that isn't a Stephen King ending, I don't know what is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home